Torrance Sexual Abuse Attorney
In most cases, sexual abuse is a real abuse of power. People in positions of authority abuse that authority to get what they want, which in this case, happens to be sexual favors.
Every Torrance sexual abuse lawyer from the Soofer Law Group stand up for individual rights in situations like these. We use a measured approach in these cases. After we thoroughly investigate the facts, we diligently research the applicable law. Then, working with you, we develop a plan of action that’s designed to obtain the compensation you need and the justice you deserve. Throughout the process, we proactively communicate with you about important case developments, so you are never in the dark.
Our team is ready to assist you, so contact us today, and let us be part of your recovery process. Call for more information at (310) 478-5090 today.
Why Choose A Torrance Sexual Abuse Lawyer to Help You?
- Soofer Law Group, the Torrance personal injury law firm, always gives aggressive yet compassionate legal representation for all of our clients.
- Our sexual abuse attorneys will fight for your rights, protect your best interests and your financial well-being.
- Our lawyers combined have over 2 decades of experience fighting big insurance companies and corporations to receive the best outcomes for our clients.
- The founding attorney, Ramin Soofer has dedicated his career for more than 20 years practicing personal injury law. His proven track record shows how passionate he is to achieve the best financial outcomes for his clients.
What are the Types of Sexual Abuse?
As mentioned, sexual abuse is usually an abuse of power. So, many abusers have moral, vocational, financial, social, or other power over their victims. As a result, there are many different kinds of sexual abuse, including:
- Sexual Assault: Any force and a lack of absolute, unqualified consent are the two basic elements of a sexual assault. The act itself varies, for example rideshare sexual abuse or sexual abuse by doctors, but regardless of the circumstances, the assault is never the victim’s fault.
- Technology-Based Assault: These same basic elements are present in technology-based claims. It is wrong for someone to post a video or sexualized comments about you without your consent.
- Campus Sexual Assault: Some sexual predators prey on vulnerable college students, and some institutions do not take sufficient precautions to keep their students safe.
- Psychological Abuse: Stalking and sexual harassment are the most common types of psychological abuse. Even if there is no physical force, these types of abuse have many of the same effects.
Women and children are usually the most vulnerable population groups. But sexual abuse can happen to any person in any place at any time.
How a Torrance Abuse Attorney Can Help
Sexual abuse victims can generally get better, but the road to recovery is a long and winding one. The professionals at the Soofer Law Group can help put you on the right path.
Not all doctors and therapists are qualified to help all sexual abuse victims. We connect victims with the medical help they need, and not just the medical assistance their insurance companies will pay for.
Additionally, our sexual abuse attorneys in Torrance usually arrange for victims to receive this help at no upfront cost. We send letters of protection to medical providers, so these providers agree to defer billing until the case is resolved. As a result, many victims never receive a medical or therapy bill. They can simply concentrate on getting better.
We use the same approach in other kinds of cases and with other providers. For example, in vehicle collision matters, we usually send letters of protection to body shops, rental car agencies, and other similar providers.
What Are Your Legal Options?
If the abuser was associated with a larger organization in any capacity, even as an unpaid volunteer, that organization may be legally responsible for the abuse, under a legal theory like:
- Negligent Hiring: All groups have a duty to properly screen the people who work for them. Organizations that work with vulnerable population groups, such as daycares and churches, have an even higher duty in this area.
- Negligent Supervision: Some groups are meticulous during the hiring or other onboarding processes, but they do not take sufficient action to discipline people who break the rules. This environment is especially common in organizations that rely heavily on volunteers.
Other sexual abuse claims involve premises liability law. Property owners have a duty to keep people safe from foreseeable injuries, including possible sexual assaults.
Theories like these help victims obtain the financial compensation they need to move on with their lives and put these Torrance incidents behind them. Legal action also shines a spotlight on the issue, so the predator does not have a chance to hurt someone else.
Work with A Compassionate Torrance Sexual Abuse Lawyer
Sexual abuse in any form often causes long-term pain and suffering. For a free consultation with an experienced personal injury attorney in Torrance, contact the Soofer Law Group. Our main office is conveniently located on Olympic Boulevard. Call or get in touch online with us today at (310) 478-5090.